1. Start with reliable sources:
- Use our Research Toolkit to begin your search. These links will take you to databases and reliable sites that you won’t need to run through the CRAAP test.
2. Learn the difference between popular sources & academic (scholarly) sources:
- Video: POPULAR VS. SCHOLARLY SOURCES (Hartness Library, Vermont Technical College, United States)
- Text Explanation: POPULAR VS. SCHOLARLY SOURCES (University of Victoria Libraries)
3. Use the CRAAP test to evaluate your sources:
- Click HERE for a video on how to use the CRAAP test
- Click HERE for the CRAAP test handout
- Click HERE for the CRAAP test website evaluation checklist
3. Don’t forget to cite your sources!
- HERE’s how to create a proper Works Cited list (Bibliography)